BY SOFO ARCHON
Here are 13 crystal clear signs that you’re experiencing a spiritual awakening:
1. You desire less stuff and more simplicity. You realize that the less you possess the more unburdened your psyche is, and instead of wanting to acquire material wealth, you are seeking to find your inner wealth.
2. You are drawn to mind-expanding books. You don’t read books anymore just in order to entertain yourself when you feel like having nothing better to do, and choose to read those books that help you to become the greatest version of yourself.
3. You spend more time alone in silence. You go for solitary walks in nature and meditate in silence so as to reconnect and make peace with yourself.
4. You eat healthier and take better care of your body. You start treating your body like it’s sacred, listening to its wisdom, and keeping it as healthy as you can.
5. You feel more connected to nature and all living beings. You recognize the interconnectedness and interdependence of all beings and feel a sense of oneness with everyone and everything.
6. You feel compassion about the suffering in the world. You become aware of how much pain there is all around you and do your best to alleviate it in any way you can.
7. You take responsibility in your hands. You realize that there’s no point in having a victim’s mentality and blaming others for what’s going wrong in your life, and you take conscious action to shape your destiny.
8. You are mindful of your actions. You’ve discovered the tremendous power of your actions and you make sure to act in ways that don’t negatively affect yourself and the world.
9. The past and the future lose control over your life. You understand that the past and future don’t truly exist, and the only moment that was, is, and will ever be is the present.
11. You are more creative. You feel an increased desire to creatively express yourself and turn your dreams into reality.
12. You expose your true self to the world. You’ve dropped your social masks of pretense and you are open to communicate your innermost thoughts and feelings with others without feeling guilty or ashamed.
13. You have a loss of interest in competition. You realize that competition brings conflict and suffering, and that the only way to live in harmony with others is by having a loving and compassionate attitude towards them.
If you appreciate what you read here, consider supporting my work.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for free. Your information is protected and I never spam.