BY SOFO ARCHON
Here are 15 of my most-loved inspirational quotes by the great Sufi mystic and spiritual teacher Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- No one can be human and not make a mistake.
- Love in its beginning lives only on reciprocity, but when fully developed it stands on its own feet.
- Without humor human life is empty.
- If by accident you step into the mud, it is not therefore necessary to keep on walking in the muddy path.
- To repress desire is to suppress a divine impulse.
- True spirituality is not fixed on faith or belief; it is the ennobling of the soul by rising above the barriers of material life.
- I regard every obstacle on my path as an incentive to success.
- A virtue carried too far may become a sin.
- The water that washes the heart is the continual running of the love-stream.
- The clever man knows best how to tell a lie, the wise man knows best how to avoid it.
- There is no greater teacher for the evildoer than evil itself.
- The lover of nature is the true worshiper of God.
- Facts lose their color in the face of truth, as stars pale before the sun.
- In the heart of sorrow there is a seed of joy.
- Silence speaks louder than words.
Source: Hazrat Inayat Khan: The Complete Sayings, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Love The Unbounded Spirit?
I pour all of my heart into my writings so that you can be inspired and learn from them. If what you read here helps you, please consider supporting my work with a donation - every little bit helps and comes enormously appreciated.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for FREE! Your information is protected and I never spam.