BY SOFO ARCHON
In the journey of life, we are all searching for love, whether consciously or unconsciously. We all deep down desire to lose our sense of self in the embrace of a bigger whole — that is, to feel connected with others. Most of us, however, feel disconnected and alienated, and as a result experience immense psychological pain.
Here I would like to share with you ten immensely powerful lessons that I’ve learned in my journey, which helped me to better understand what love is and break down the walls that kept me separated from others, with the intention to assist you in your own search to finding love and living in harmony with yourself and others.
1. Love is a gift — you can’t demand or force it.
2. A loving person loves unconditionally. Like the sun, he or she pours the rays of love to everyone, regardless of their superficial differences.
3. Love is, in a sense, death — the death of the ego.
4. When you love, don’t ask for love in return — if you do so, you are not a truly loving person.
5. If you possess everything but lack love, you won’t be happy. If you don’t possess anything yet your heart is overflowing with love, you will be as happy as one can be.
6. Love builds bridges between people’s hearts, and only when there is love can a true heart-to-heart communication take place.
7. To offer love, you need to be loving. How can one who is destitute give away financial wealth?
8. Lovers don’t talk about love — they communicate it through their eyes.
9. Love gives meaning to life, and only those who love can squeeze the juice out of life.
10. Love is your nature, so don’t seek for love. Instead, remove what is preventing love from flowing out of your heart.
Image credit: Android Jones
I pour all of my heart into my writings so that you can be inspired and learn from them. If what you read here helps you, please consider supporting my work with a donation - every little bit helps and comes enormously appreciated.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for FREE! Your information is protected and I never spam.