BY SOFO ARCHON
All people are seeking happiness and fulfillment. Yet because of our upbringing and conditioning many of us are quite dissatisfied, feeling a sense of inner emptiness that prevents us from enjoying ourselves and making the most out of our lives.
If you’ve been feeling this way too and would like to live a happier and more fulfilling life, I’ve put together 20 important tips that, if understood and put into practice, are guaranteed to help you fill your heart with joy and satisfaction.
2. Embrace the idea of missing out. You can’t do everything at the same time, so focus on those few things that matter to you the most, one thing at a time.
3. Life is a running river whose route can’t be predicted. Learn to flow with it and let it take you to interesting new places.
4. The world is to a great extent a reflection of your mind. The more you understand yourself, the more you’ll be able to understand the world.
5. Possessions can end up possessing you. Emotionally detach yourself from them to regain your peace of mind.
6. Trying to change past mistakes is futile. But you can learn tons of important lessons from them that will help you shape a better future.
7. Health is your real wealth. Pay attention to your needs and do your best to serve them.
8. Wishful thinking is a waste of time. Stop just wishing and start acting.
9. There are two kind of problems: those you can control, and those you can’t. Focus on the former.
10. Don’t believe what anyone tells you. Do your own research to find out the truth for yourself.
11. Perfection is like the horizon: the more you try to approach it, the further away it recedes.
12. Don’t try to force change upon others. Rather, inspire them to change by your actions.
13. Your mind can be a great servant yet a terrible master. Learn to use it instead of being used by it.
14. The past is gone, the future isn’t here yet, and the only moment you ever have is the now.
15. You are what you eat. Eat plenty of whole, organic, plant-based foods.
16. Avoid getting into debt. Your freedom is more important than buying stuff you don’t need.
17. Play as much as you can. It will help you reconnect with your inner child and rediscover the incredible joy of laughter.
18. Concentrate on depth, not width. What matters isn’t how many things you do, but how deep you go into them.
19. Learning never ends. Keep an open mind and be ready to alter your opinions when presented with better ones.
20. Happiness doesn’t mean having no problems. It means having the skills to effectively deal with them.
If you enjoyed these tips, you’re going to love my new, first-ever self-development course that I’m launching soon. It consists of lessons, challenges, thought experiments and written exercises that are designed intentionally to help you deal with suffering and rediscover a happier and more fulfilling life. To learn more about it and be the first to know when it’s live, join the Insider List here.
If you value what I do, please support my work with a donation.
Did You Like This Post?
JOIN OVER 402,178 READERS: