In all spiritual traditions around the globe we find awakened masters who dedicated their entire lives to illuminating humanity through their teachings, with the intention to turn the world into a better place, wherein people would live lovingly and at peace with one another and nature.
Here I want to present you with six of the most powerful lessons that all the great spiritual masters of both the East and the West throughout history aimed to teach us:
1. Separation is an illusion. Everything in existence is connected to everything else. Nothing exists independently or in isolation of its environment. All duality is nothing but an illusion and unless we break free from it we’ll never be able to live in harmony with ourselves and the world.
2. Simplicity is the key. Living frugally is the way to finding focus and clarity. Those who complicate their lives tend to have a confused state of mind and waste their time and energy engaged in things that don’t contribute to their growth and well-being. A wise person throws away what is unessential and keeps only what is of true importance.
3. Attachment brings suffering. Everything that we have will one day fade away. In other words, everything is temporary, including ourselves. Therefore, the more attached we are to people, possessions or circumstances, the more we are bound to suffer, since all those things will sooner or later be taken away from us.
4. Pain is a messenger. Most people are afraid of pain and do anything to avoid listening to it when they experience it. But pain is there to teach us something important, and unless we pay close attention to it, we’ll never be able to learn and grow. Pain shows us in the most intense way that there’s something wrong with our lives and that we need to take action in order to correct it.
5. Compassion creates peace. To live compassionately means to live at peace with others. When compassion is lost in the world, competition, conflict and war inevitably arise. Compassion is the only thing that can help people unite and work together toward creating a more beautiful world for all beings in existence.
6. Freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. The more we take responsibility in our hands, the more we can shape our lives. Those who choose to throw their responsibility on others’ shoulders don’t realize that they are throwing their freedom away too. Responsibility might at times be a heavy burden to carry, but being responsible is the only way to living mindfully and free.
These enlightening lessons might at first seem easy to understand, but it actually takes a big shift in consciousness to realize them. With meditation and a conscious application of those lessons, you’ll sooner or later manage to embody them in your everyday life and experience their immense power and importance.
If you value what I do, please support my work with a donation.
Did You Like This Post?
JOIN OVER 402,178 READERS: