BY SOFO ARCHON
Do you hate the shape of your body and would like to lose some extra weight really fast so as to look and feel beautiful again?
Then you’re at the right place!
Here I’ll teach you all you need to know in order to become slim like those highly-payed models you see on TV. In fact, I’m going to reveal a secret to you that will help you to easily lose up to 50 pounds in just 4 weeks (while still eating french fries and other highly fattening foods)!
If you’re ready to embark on a journey to rapid weight loss and glowing beauty, keep on reading…
What “Health & Fitness Coaches” Don’t Tell You
The above could very well be the introductory text in a weight loss program’s description page that was written by some popular online “health & fitnesses coach” who’s trying to sell you happiness by making you super sweet yet unrealistic promises.
Losing 50 pounds in 4 weeks? How ridiculous is that! To lose so much weight in such a short amount of time you’ll need to starve.
But hey, we’ve all learned to want quick, instant results. And when we want them in an effort to deal with deep-rooted psychological issues such as low self-esteem, out of desperation we’re ready to do just about anything to get them.
Many self-proclaimed “health experts” and “certified fitness trainers” understand that eating disorders is a modern epidemic and all they want is to make money out of it. And some of them succeed in their endeavors, making loads of $$$. By preying on our insecurities, they manage to sell us well-packaged and often quite expensive lies in the form of fad diets which we’re more than willing to believe in and pay for. Yet no matter how promising they might seem, eventually they invariably let us down.
The Truth About Highly Restrictive, Rapid Weight Loss Diets
Yes, a temporary and highly restrictive dietary program might work for a short while. You might starve your body for several days and end up having a way thinner body. By doing so, however, not only will you compromise your health, but you’ll also most likely gain all your extra weight back again in just a few weeks’ time.
There are plenty of reasons why rapid weight loss diets don’t work in the long run and can be quite damaging to your physical and psychological well-being. Here are the most important ones:
1. By definition, dieting is nothing but a temporary food plan. In other words, it’s a plan that you follow for only a short period of your life. So how do you expect it to have a lasting effect on you? It won’t. Not surprisingly, 9 out 10 people who lose weight by following a diet regain it soon after they stop their dieting plan.
2. Dieting for fast weight loss in essence means restricting a lot of your caloric intake. To put it differently, it means depriving yourself of food that you need in order to stay strong and healthy. Now, when your body is in starvation mode it naturally reacts by slowing down its metabolism (the reason for that is to store additional fat so that it can sustain itself for much longer). As a result, losing weight tends to become much harder. Hence, contrary to popular belief, dieting for weight loss is counterproductive.
3. Another important thing to note is that rapid weight loss dieting means not feeding your body with essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Obviously, this can lead to serious health consequences, so before you set on a highly restrictive dietary program, ask yourself this: “Is it really worth ruining my health just so that I can look slimmer?”
4. Dieting doesn’t really teach you anything about what healthy eating is. If you’ve developed unhealthy dietary habits over the course of your life, once you’re done with dieting you’ll only return to them, which are partly what made you gain all that weight to begin with. Again, it’s no surprise that most people tend to regain their weight soon after they’re done with their dieting plans.
5. They say “Eat to live, but don’t live to eat.” But let’s admit it, eating is one of the best pleasures in life. By dieting, you’re depriving yourself of so many great-tasting foods that nature is offering you. And the fact is that you can eat a huge variety of nutritious yet incredibly delicious foods and still lose your extra weight. So why unnecessarily steal that joy from yourself?
6. Obesity and overweight are frequently syptoms of an eating disorder. Dieting, coupled with the regular and compulsive weighing that goes hand in hand with it, can intensify or even induce more eating disorders, such as diet-overeat and binge eating. Indeed, research has shown that people who follow diets are much more likely to develop an eating disorder compared to those who don’t.
7. Lastly yet most importantly, obesity and overweight are often causally linked to traumatic experiences. Studies have repeatedly shown that people who tend to overeat are trying to deal with deep, unresolved emotional issues that often have their roots in their early childhood. For example, research has shown a big correlation between sexual child abuse and over eating. Dieting just suppresses the behavior of over eating without addressing its root causes, hence it’s an ineffective strategy for dealing with unhealthy eating patterns.
I could go on giving you many more reasons why rapid weight loss diets don’t work, but I think the above are already enough. If you’re having weight gain issues, don’t make the mistake of dieting. Instead, turn your attention elsewhere: on dealing with the psychological condition that underlies your eating behaviors and cultivating healthier, long-lasting dietary and lifestyle habits.
Did You Like This Post?