BY SOFO ARCHON
Here are some of my favorite quotes from the famous Austrian psychotherapist and founder of the school of individual psychology, Alfred Adler, on topics such as life and death, meaning, danger and war, lies, and inferiority complex.
1. “The chief danger in life is taking too many precautions.”
2. “The greater the feeling of inferiority that has been experienced, the more powerful is the urge to conquest and the more violent the emotional agitation.’
3. “Meanings are not determined by situations, but we determine ourselves by the meanings we give to situations.”
4. “A lie would have no sense unless the truth were felt as dangerous.”
5. “The only normal people are the ones you don’t know very well.”
6. “A simple rule in dealing with those who are hard to get along with is to remember that this person is striving to assert his superiority; and you must deal with him from that point of view.”
7. “It is easier to fight for principles than to live up to them.”
8. “The educator must believe in the potential power of his pupil, and he must employ all his art in seeking to bring his pupil to experience this power.”
9. “Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.”
10. “There is no such thing as talent. There is pressure.”
11. “Exaggerated sensitiveness is an expression of the feeling of inferiority.”
12. “Death is really a great blessing for humanity, without it there could be no real progress. People who lived for ever would not only hamper and discourage the young, but they would themselves lack sufficient stimulus to be creative.”
13. “Our modern states are preparing for war without even knowing the future enemy.”
I pour all of my heart into my writings so that you can be inspired and learn from them. If what you read here helps you, please consider supporting my work with a donation - every little bit helps and comes enormously appreciated.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for FREE! Your information is protected and I never spam.