BY SOFO ARCHON
Life is very short, and so we should do our best to spend our time in a way that will make it worth living.
I am saddened when I see old people who have regrets about the life they have lived. To spend a life which is not fulfilling, and then reach to a point where you have no more energy left to make a change to it, is one of the worst things that can happen to anyone.
How to Live Without Regrets
Here’s a list of 15 tips on how to live without regrets, which I have found to be of utmost importance. If you manage to practice them, you will find inner peace and contentment.
1. Take care of your body. Always keep in mind to eat well, exercise, and have a good sleep.
2. Choose to live your own way, instead of living the way others expect you to.
3. Think for yourself. Question the beliefs that have been placed upon you and never let others think for yourself.
4. Take responsibility for your life. Stop blaming people or situations, and realize that you have the power to shape your destiny with your thoughts and actions.
5. Learn from your everyday experiences. Every experience has something important to teach you, and the more you allow yourself to learn from them, the more you will be able to grow.
6. Be focused on the present moment. Remember that only the here-and-now exists–the future and the past are just illusions.
7. Take risks. Be courageous enough to regularly challenge yourself in order to transcend your limitations and expand your consciousness.
8. Do what you love doing. Make sure you not to waste your time in things that don’t make bring you joy.
9. Be grateful to existence for what it has offered you. Maybe you don’t have everything you desire, but you have more than enough that you need to be happy.
10. Share your love, knowledge, and presence. Share and you will receive more, withhold and you will lose even what you already possess.
11. Forgive others and yourself. The understanding that no person is perfect is liberating.
12. Be a participant in life rather than an observer. Squeeze the juice out of life.
13. Do not be afraid to fall, but always be brave to stand up and try once more.
14. Always offer a helping hand to those in need of it.
15. Embrace change. Life is a flux, so make sure you always keep on flowing with it.
Photo courtesy of Ibrahim Iujaz
If you appreciate what you read here, consider supporting my work.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for FREE! Your information is protected and I never spam.