BY SOFO ARCHON
In the consumption-driven world that we are living, we think that the most awesome things in life can only be acquired through the use of money. This, however, is far from the truth!
Below is a list of 13 awesome things that you can have for free, but which are so powerful that can transform your entire life, by bringing you health, happiness, and freedom!
1. Friendship. You don’t need a lot of friends, just find a few good, real ones and share your life experiences with them!
2. Love. One of the best states of consciousness you can have is the state of love, where you give unconditionally and pour the goodness out of your soul. To love doesn’t necessarily mean to love your partner. You can really love anything: yourself, your friends, your family, the animals, or the trees!
3. Sex. The sexual act can be sacred, if practiced out of love. Sex is immensely beautiful and can bring pure joy to your life, without costing you a single penny!
4. Meditation. We are living in an age of distraction where we don’t spend time alone to experience whatever is going on within ourselves, and hence can’t confront and resolve any mental or emotional issues that we may have. Every day, spend at least 30 minutes in silence, practicing any meditation technique that helps you find peace within.
5. Exercise. Most people think that to exercise one needs to hit the gym. This, however, is just a myth–you don’t have to spend a dime for a good workout! Go for a walk, bike, swim, lift objects that you find around you, jump, walk upstairs, stretch or practice yoga.
6. Sleep. Nowadays we’re overly stimulated and hence we don’t give our body and mind time to rest. Be sure to sleep 7 to 8 hours per day to relax your body and calm your mind.
7. Breath. We are breathing all the time, but most of us are not paying attention to our breath. Focusing your attention on the breath for just a few minutes every day will help you to let go of stress as well as it will remind you that you are pulsating with life.
8. Trees. They are magnificent and beautiful, so be sure to regularly spend some of your time around them. Hug them, sit under them, or climb them! Tree hugging is not just a hippy idea–studies have actually proved the positive impacts that hugging a tree can have on our health.
9. The sun. Knowingly or unknowingly, that huge illuminated mass–the sun–sends its rays each and every so that we can stay alive. Bask in its rays and be grateful for every sunrise.
10. The great outdoors. Whichever place on Earth you inhabit, it’s most likely that you are living close to some natural environment, even if that is a park in your city or just your backyard! Spend as much time as you can outdoors, whether in the woods, on mountains, or by the sea, and you’ll feel your life completely transformed. Listen to the birds chirping, feel the breeze of the air, touch the water of the ocean–all these things will help you to feel grounded and will bring you immense joy and fulfillment.
11. Hugs. They can boost your happiness and make you feel less stressed. Be sure to get your daily dose of hugs!
12. Smiles. They are free to share, but how many do you give every day? The fact that you are an adult shouldn’t prevent you from being playful and friendly with others. Let go and enjoy yourself–and don’t forget to wear that big smile you used to have as a child!
13. Information. In the past, only the elite of society had access to information. Now, with the popularization of the internet, most people can have free access to an abundance of information. Seek knowledge and wisdom by reading amazing books and empowering articles, watching informative and inspiring documentaries, or taking part in discussions with like-minded individuals.
Why do we make life so complicated? Existence has given us open-handedly everything that we need to feel well and at peace with ourselves and the world around us. Enjoy the little things that life brings on your way, savoring each and every moment, and don’t forget to breath in that good-ass prana!
Love The Unbounded Spirit?
I pour all of my heart into my writings so that you can be inspired and learn from them. If what you read here helps you, please consider supporting my work with a donation - every little bit helps and comes enormously appreciated.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for FREE! Your information is protected and I never spam.