BY SOFO ARCHON
Here are some of my favorite quotes from the Tao Te Ching, as written by the great Taoist Master Lao Tzu:
1. The Great Tao flows everywhere,
to the left and to the right,
all things depend on it to exist,
and it does not abandon them.
to its accomplishments it lays no claims.
It loves and nourished all things,
but does not lord it over them.
2. To attain knowledge, add things everyday.
To attain wisdom, remove things every day.
3. When I let go of who I am, I become what I might be.
4. Great acts are made up of small deeds.
5. Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.
6. The mark of a moderate man
is freedom from his own ideas.
Tolerant like the sky,
all-pervading like sunlight,
firm like a mountain,
supple like a tree in the wind,
he has no destination in view
and makes use of anything life happens to bring his way.
7. A man with outward courage dares to die.
A man with inward courage dares to live.
8. Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.
9. From wonder into wonder existence opens.
10. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Love The Unbounded Spirit?
I pour all of my heart into my writings so that you can be inspired and learn from them. If what you read here helps you, please consider supporting my work with a donation - every little bit helps and comes enormously appreciated.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for FREE! Your information is protected and I never spam.