BY SOFO ARCHON
The wisdom of Bruce Lee was great, and here I have collected 27 wise quotes written or spoken by Bruce Lee.
1. All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.
2. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
3. As you think, so shall you become.
4. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
5. A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
6. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
7. If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
8. Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
9. If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
10. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
11. Real living is living for others.
12. Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth.
13. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
14. It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
15. The future looks extremely bright indeed, with lots of possibilities ahead – big possibilities.
16. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.
17. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
18. Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.
19. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
20. Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
21. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering.
22. To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
23. Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.
24. Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.
25. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.
26. Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.
27. The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.