BY SOFO ARCHON
Here are 15 of my most-loved inspirational quotes by the great Sufi mystic and spiritual teacher Hazrat Inayat Khan.
- No one can be human and not make a mistake.
- Love in its beginning lives only on reciprocity, but when fully developed it stands on its own feet.
- Without humor human life is empty.
- If by accident you step into the mud, it is not therefore necessary to keep on walking in the muddy path.
- To repress desire is to suppress a divine impulse.
- True spirituality is not fixed on faith or belief; it is the ennobling of the soul by rising above the barriers of material life.
- I regard every obstacle on my path as an incentive to success.
- A virtue carried too far may become a sin.
- The water that washes the heart is the continual running of the love-stream.
- The clever man knows best how to tell a lie, the wise man knows best how to avoid it.
- There is no greater teacher for the evildoer than evil itself.
- The lover of nature is the true worshiper of God.
- Facts lose their color in the face of truth, as stars pale before the sun.
- In the heart of sorrow there is a seed of joy.
- Silence speaks louder than words.
Source: Hazrat Inayat Khan: The Complete Sayings, by Hazrat Inayat Khan
Did you like this article?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for free. Your information is protected and I never spam.