BY SOFO ARCHON
To be true to yourself and others is the most difficult thing to achieve, but the only way to find contentment in life. But how can you remain true to yourself in a world pretty much filled with deception and lies? Here is my little guide:
1. Don’t follow others. Do your best to follow your inner voice, because nobody knows what is good for you better than yourself.
2. Listen to others, but never obey them. People’s advice might help, so pay attention to what they have to say. However, always be sure to use critical thinking in order to find out what is actually right for yourself.
3. Create your own path of life and walk on it. Each person is a uniquely different individual, so don’t walk on ready-made paths that were made by and for others.
4. Be honest with others, but first be honest with yourself.
5. Don’t try to make others happy if you don’t feel happy doing it. Helping is one thing, sacrificing is another.
6. Say “no” when you feel like it. Never be afraid to express your opinion, even if that lets people down.
7. Don’t imitate others. To paraphrase Oscar Wilder, you can only be yourself — everyone else is taken.
8. Take responsibility for your life. Don’t just sit cross-legged and blame others for your misfortunes. You have much power in your hands to help shape your destiny.
9. Admit and learn from your mistakes. Only in this way can you learn and grow.
10. Look fear in the eye. What you fear controls you.
11. Take risks when needed. Daring to step out of your comfort zones is necessary for personal growth.
12. Think for yourself. If you don’t, someone else will do the thinking for for you.
13. Doubt all beliefs that have been placed upon you since childhood.
14. Seek the truth, no matter how painful it might be.
15. Speak the truth, regardless of the consequences. Remember that no matter how many lies may fight against truth, in the end truth always triumphs.
If you appreciate what you read here, consider supporting my work.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for free. Your information is protected and I never spam.