BY SOFO ARCHON
Below are some of the most thought-provoking quotes from the brilliant mind of George Orwell that will make you stop and think.
1. “The best books… are those that tell you what you know already, but you forgot.”
2. “The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection.”
3. “Whoever is winning at the moment will always seem to be invincible.”
4. “For a creative writer possession of the “truth” is less important than emotional sincerity.”
5. “In a time of universal deceit – telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
6. “Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals.”
7. “Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
8. “All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.”
9. “Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
10. “People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome.”
Did you like this article?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for free. Your information is protected and I never spam.