BY SOFO ARCHON
Here’s a collection of eye-opening quotes from the English naturalist and geologist Charles Darwin, which are are inspiring wisdom and compassion.
1. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”
2. “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
3. “The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.”
4. “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.”
5. “We are not here concerned with hopes or fears, only with truth as far as our reason permits us to discover it.”
6. “The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.”
7. “A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.”
8. “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
9. “There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery.”
10. “To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.”
If you appreciate what you read here, please consider supporting my work on Patreon.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for free. Your information is protected and I never spam.