BY SOFO ARCHON
Here are some of my favorite quotes on minimalism:
1. “The simplest things are often the truest.” – Richard Bach
2. “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” – Albert Einstein
3. “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” – Socrates
4. “Great acts are made up of small deeds.” – Lao Tzu
5. “He who is contented is rich.” – Lao Tzu
6. “One can furnish a room very luxuriously by taking out furniture rather than putting it in.” – Francis Jourdain
7. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
8. “Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu
9. “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupe
10. “Less is more.” – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
11. “Simplicity is the essence of happiness.” – Cedric Bledsoe
12. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
13. “Our life is frittered away by detail… Simplify, simplify, simplify! … Simplicity of life and elevation of purpose.” – Henry David Thoreau
14. “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hofmann
15. “Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; love more, and all good things will be yours.” – Swedish proverb
If you appreciate what you read here, consider supporting my work.
Did you like this post?
Every week I send out a newsletter (or two) with mind-expanding articles for readers. Subscribe to get them delivered right to your inbox for free. Your information is protected and I never spam.